Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RolandTi

Different number of rows in the exported file once direct query was changed to import mode

I have built a PBI report on top of direct query. (The report contains just a table chart with more than 100 columns. When I exported the data, I was getting 6948 rows)

When I have changed the storage mode to import and loaded the data I got extra rows in case of import mode. (Nothing else has been changed. When I exported the data, I was getting 6975 rows)

What can cause the 27 rows differences?

Nothing else has been changed, just the storage mode for all of the queries. (The report contains 4 queries, they are connected together with many to one relationships. Cross filter direction is "Single")

All of the columns coming directly from the source, which is Databricks. So the calculated columns or measures cannot cause the issue.

What can happen in the background?

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @parry2k ,

I was able to find the differences and able to solve it. I don't use any measures.

Power BI handles the decimal numbers in some cases on a different way in case of direct query and import mode.

Let's see on the screenshots (03-04 and 03-05):

import mode:

RolandTi_0-1714377784389.png

direct query:

RolandTi_1-1714377835102.png

Rounded the numbers to 8 decimal places on query side and this solved my issue.

Thanks for your help.

Roland

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@RolandTi can you share the relationship diagram? Are you using any measure in the visual?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k ,

I was able to find the differences and able to solve it. I don't use any measures.

Power BI handles the decimal numbers in some cases on a different way in case of direct query and import mode.

Let's see on the screenshots (03-04 and 03-05):

import mode:

RolandTi_0-1714377784389.png

direct query:

RolandTi_1-1714377835102.png

Rounded the numbers to 8 decimal places on query side and this solved my issue.

Thanks for your help.

Roland

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.