Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Table

Hi Guys,

I have a tricky situation in my model where I have 2 date tables ( created date and closed date).

I have created a date table using dax but the issue is how to sync all 3 tables together?

Currently i have a relationship of my dax date table with my created date in my model and the graph shows correct data for the created date whereas the data for closed date is not correct and when i make the relationship of my dax date table with the closed date the numbers for created date are wrong. 

Any idea how to fix this? I want to show created and closed numbers together.

Please Note : I have two date tables in my model i.e Created and closed. I have created another date table using DAZ to setup the relationship.

Himanshu_13_0-1622619112271.png

Himanshu_13_1-1622619185703.png

Regards,

Himanshu

4 REPLIES 4
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

I tried to create a sample pbix file based on the explanation.

I suggest having a data model like the one below.

One dim-date table with inactive relationships, and use the USERELATIONSHIP function if needed.

All measures are in the sample pbix file.

Picture2.png

Created Measure =
CALCULATE (
COUNTROWS ( 'Cases' ),
USERELATIONSHIP ( Dates[Date], 'Cases'[CreatedDate] )
)

Closed Measure =
CALCULATE (
COUNTROWS ( 'Cases' ),
USERELATIONSHIP ( Dates[Date], 'Cases'[ClosedDate] )
)

Open Measure =
CALCULATE (
COUNTROWS ( 'Cases' ),
FILTER (
'Cases',
'Cases'[CreatedDate] <= MAX ( Dates[Date] )
&& 'Cases'[ClosedDate] >= MIN ( Dates[Date] )
)
)

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the response.

I tried this approach but iys not working. I have shared a sample pbix file, let me know if this can be done.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In this can you need(based on visual) one date table joining to three dates. If one table has one then one date, then use userelationship to activate inactive join

refer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  @Jihwan_Kim Please use this link to download the sample pbix.

I have some data in the file where you can see the created and closed tickets. I want a single graph for only "Non-Dev" tickets where closed and created can be viewed together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzur2v335qpxsjr/Sample%20-%20Copy.pbix?dl=0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.