Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Neka
Helper II
Helper II

Date Between slicer won't update end date to today's date

Hello everyone,

I have a date slicer set to 'between' to show a beginning date and an end date. I want the end date to always update to today's date. However, it defaults to the date that the report was uploaded to the service. 

I want this:

Neka_0-1692279851193.png

But get this:

Neka_1-1692279882296.png

The slicer is filled by the date column in a date table which is connected to my main data table by their date columns. 

We want to send this report out to users via a subscription and it needs to show the most current data but instead is sending old data because of this issue.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Neka
Helper II
Helper II

To anyone looking at this for their own solution, this is what worked for me:
Go into your Power BI report on Desktop, delete your date slicer completely and then create it again. DON'T TOUCH THE SLIDER. Leave it exactly as is. Publish it to the service. Now my slicer always automatically updates to the current date. If you move the slider in your Desktop version, Power BI thinks you want to keep it on the date you selected. Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Neka
Helper II
Helper II

To anyone looking at this for their own solution, this is what worked for me:
Go into your Power BI report on Desktop, delete your date slicer completely and then create it again. DON'T TOUCH THE SLIDER. Leave it exactly as is. Publish it to the service. Now my slicer always automatically updates to the current date. If you move the slider in your Desktop version, Power BI thinks you want to keep it on the date you selected. Hope this helps someone.

GE1
Frequent Visitor

Is there a proper way to do this? Not being able to touch the slider is obviously a massive problem.

Unfortunately, this is the only way I have found to fix the issue. If I need to test the slider I will use it for testing, then delete it, and create a new slider before publishing. It's the only thing thats worked for me.

Neka
Helper II
Helper II

I also changed my date table so that it had dates in the future and used the above filter but it made no impact.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Neka ,

Refer to this solution https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Date-slicer-slider-end-date-to-be-today/m-p/242196...

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

I have this set up in the report already and it didn't work, unfortunately. Any other methods?

This is what I have set up.

Neka_0-1692280495350.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.