Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Digger
Post Patron
Post Patron

DataSource.Error: MySQL: We cannot convert a value of type System.String to type System.Guid.

DataSource.Error: MySQL: We cannot convert a value of type System.String to type System.Guid.

how to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kletzy
Advocate III
Advocate III

@Digger this solved if for me = MySQL.Database("xxxxxxx", "xxxxxxx", [ReturnSingleDatabase=true, OldGuids=true])

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Agucho76
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Digger I have the same problem.

Could you solve it?

Thanks! 

Kletzy
Advocate III
Advocate III

@Digger this solved if for me = MySQL.Database("xxxxxxx", "xxxxxxx", [ReturnSingleDatabase=true, OldGuids=true])

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Digger , Open the power query, and check is there a type conversion. Remove that step and try.

no conversion, error on source step, in adminer it work well no errors and uid showing, but in PBI error appears, it is possible to set "old guid=True" in PBI?

Were you able to resolve this? I am receiving exactly the same error message "DataSource.Error: MySQL: We cannot convert a value of type System.String to type System.Guid." and have no conversion steps - Source and Navigation only.

@Kletzy  not solved yet

Thanks Digger - seems strange that we are the only two having this issue - I cant find it anywhere else on Google. I do recall fixing something similar in the past but can't find or remember how I did it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.