Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

VineetRana
Regular Visitor

Data Visualization for Business Unit History

Hi everyone,

I'm facing an issue with visualizing sales data in my data model. I have tables for People, Calendar, OrgUnitDeployment, and BudgetSales. The sales are recorded per day, with OrgUnitDeployment tracking changes in employee deployment.

When I visualize sales by day, everything works fine. However, when I roll up the visualization to show sales by month, the total sales repeat rather than splitting by OrgUnit.

Here are my table relationships:

1. People (PersonCode) - BudgetSales (PersonCode)
  2. People (PersonCode) - OrgunitDeployment (PersonCode)
  3. OrgUnitDeployment (Date) - Calendar (Date)
  4. BudgetSales (Date) - Calendar (Date)
  5. OrgUnitDeployment (OrgUnitCode) - OrgUnits (OrgUnitCode)

Can anyone help me understand why the visual behaves differently when summarized by month?

Thanks!

Chart Visual.png

ERD.png

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@VineetRana , I doubt in the Matrix visual, Person and Org Unit is not coming from the same table as the table visual.

Also, Orgunit will not filter people and Forecast because of inactive join

Hi Amit, Thanks for replying. 

The fields are from the same table on the table visual and matrix visual. The OrgUnit Table has an Inactive relationship to the People table because a relationship already exsists between the OrgUnitDeoployment and the People table.

OrgUnits, People and Calendar are my Dimension tables. Forecast Sales and OrgUnitDeployments are my Fact tables.

For the visuals, I am using the OrgUnitName from the Orgunit table, PersonCode from People table, Date / FMonth from Calendar table and BudgetSalesbyDay from Sales table.

Thanks, 

Vineet

VineetRana
Regular Visitor

@amitchandak @Daniel29195 @Idrissshatila 

Would any of you be able help? 

TIA

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.