Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jmb1960

Data Color Formatting not working properly

I have set up conditional color formatting for a series of charts in my BI dashboard. The rules I developed are:

jmb1960_1-1642195385689.png

In the hierarchy of charts the formatting seems to work for all data points except for a random one as shown in the bar chart below: 

jmb1960_2-1642195469946.png

I do not understand why that one value is not colored red instead of yellow as shown. All values below 60% should be colored red. Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jmb1960 

What field is the color coding based on and what is the field used to display % on chart?

They both should be the same field.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

The field I am using for color coding is % labor efficiency. It is the same field. It is a calculated value based on other data in the reports feeding the dashboard. 

Hi @jmb1960 ,

To understand the problem more deeply,it would be best to provide a pbix-file containing the sample data.

You can also try to create measure and use conditional formatting field value :

Color = Switch(true(),
[value_measure] <=2.2&& [value_measure]>=0.9  ,"green",
[[value_measure] <0.9&& [value_measure]>=0.6  ,"yellow",
[value_measure] <0.6&& [value_measure]>=0  ,"red")

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am still experiencing where one random bar is not being formatted with the correct color. I did make sure my formatting was as was suggested above. Here is a screenshot from this morning:

jmb1960_0-1642683554679.png

The circled value should be colored red and not yellow. 

Please provide a sample pbix after deleting sensitive data to let us know your scenario better.https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-... 

jmb1960

I did make the change you suggested and there was no change. That one specific bar didn't change color. Anything other suggestions for what I should try next? 

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @jmb1960 ,
Try the below 

pranit828_1-1642196431848.png

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.