Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

waldarb76
Employee
Employee

Dashboard is Completely Blank when Pinning? Anyone?

I have tried two computers, two saved versions of the my report, two workspacesand I cannot seem to be able to get my report to PIN a dashboard that isn't blank. My datasource seems to be connecting fine and the Report works. Anyone have any ideas? Other reports loaded work fine and I can PIN the dashboard, what is going on with this report?

Thanks!

2022-02-26_17-01-09.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
waldarb76
Employee
Employee

I have a workaround. 

As mentioned I was having an issue with pinning a dashboard from a report and although the PIN appears to work the entire report is blank after the pinning. 

The workaround appeared to be editing the report and adding a new control in PowerBi Web, in this case, a text box then repining the entire original report to the updated dashboard with the the new text box, then removing the added text box. This workaround has been successful three times.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
waldarb76
Employee
Employee

I have a workaround. 

As mentioned I was having an issue with pinning a dashboard from a report and although the PIN appears to work the entire report is blank after the pinning. 

The workaround appeared to be editing the report and adding a new control in PowerBi Web, in this case, a text box then repining the entire original report to the updated dashboard with the the new text box, then removing the added text box. This workaround has been successful three times.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @waldarb76 

vjaneygmsft_0-1646127888323.png

It is logically impossible for you to choose dashboards from different workspaces. What's wrong with your operation here?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Janey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am not sure what you mean, I didn't try to pin the dashboard from a different workspace. I wasn't able to PIN a dashboard ini th same worskpace without it being blank. 

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@waldarb76 

Please let me know the process you have followed ! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

VijahP, nothing special. I followed the typical instructions I would normally do as in these instructions. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-pin-live-tile-from-report 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.