Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SurendraD
Frequent Visitor

Customized Parameter Measure

Hi All,

I have a table as below, I am trying to create a customized parameter. date table has relationships with other tables (One to many)
1.>slicer like:
Last 7 Days: Day column without blank.
Last 5 Weeks: Week Column without blank.
Last 2 Months: Month Column without blank.
when I click one of these respect columns needs to show distinct values only which can be added to the chats axis so that I can change the x-axis ( sample Chat mentioned below ) as I click the slicer.

Table:

SurendraD_0-1711464505057.png
Sample Chat

SurendraD_1-1711464957218.png

2.> I am trying to consolidate three column as on measure (Day,Week and month) so that those three columns will come like below.
Result:

SurendraD_2-1711465690541.png

this I am going to add in chat x axis 

@cstan @power @daxdaxdax @daxdax 
@v-xuxinyi-msft  Please help me to resolv this two issues. I have tried all resources and finaly i choose this platform.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SurendraD ,

When clicking one of columns, need to show distinct values. What table is the values column in? Which fields should go in the slicer?

Could you please provide more raw data(exclude sensitive data) with Text format and desired result to make a deep troubleshooting? It would be helpful to find out the solution.

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiewu-msft Sure, I have a table like below. Now i want to create a slicer which contains {"Last 7 Days, Last 5 Weeks and Last 2Month"}
Details:
Last 7 Days: This will contain the Day column (D1,D2,D3.....D7) and these need to be in distinct values.
Last 5 Weeks: This will contain the Week column (W1,W2....W5) this too be in distinct values
Last 2 Months: this will contain the Month column(Mar-24,Feb-24) this too be in distinct value.
Now, if I select the slicer, Dates need to group by with Days or Weeks or Month based on slicer options and selected (Respective) distinct values need to show in chat x axis. as give sample Chat given below

My consern is I need to check the last 7 days, Last 5 weeks and last 2 months Sales trend( with group the date by Days, weeks, Months ) in chat insted of showing all dates

Table

SurendraD_0-1711522925711.png

Sample Chat

SurendraD_2-1711523507857.png

I hope this will give you better clarity.... If any confution please text me

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.