Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cross filter only one filter of multiple between visuals

I have a matrix visual of clients that has two filters on it based on location. I have another matrix visual that shows our case types and quantity of cases processed for that client with it's own different filters. I need to be able to select a client from the first matrix visual that will filter the second matrix visual based on client without carrying over the two location filters on it, any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, my test results found it difficult to achieve, whether using the filter's modifier or using Measure to create a new filter, the second matrix will always inherit the first matrix's filter when cross-filtering.

My idea is to create a hidden slicer that only interacts with matrix 1, based on testing it can do what you want.

Table:

vcgaomsft_1-1659503391843.png

set slicer for matrix 1:

vcgaomsft_0-1659503354966.png

Hide the slicer and perform a cross-filter, matrix 2 has all the locations.

vcgaomsft_2-1659503542958.png

Attached PBIX file for reference.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, my test results found it difficult to achieve, whether using the filter's modifier or using Measure to create a new filter, the second matrix will always inherit the first matrix's filter when cross-filtering.

My idea is to create a hidden slicer that only interacts with matrix 1, based on testing it can do what you want.

Table:

vcgaomsft_1-1659503391843.png

set slicer for matrix 1:

vcgaomsft_0-1659503354966.png

Hide the slicer and perform a cross-filter, matrix 2 has all the locations.

vcgaomsft_2-1659503542958.png

Attached PBIX file for reference.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

AUDISU
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you have these two metrix data in two different table, create relationship between two tables. Then it will filter second metrix automatically when you filter first metrix.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.