Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

moizimtiaz

Connect Sharepoint power bi report to Power Bi desktop app

Hi Everyone,

My company's sharepoint has a published power bi report from which i usually download the data and build dashboard for my department. I would like to know that if there is any way i could link it directly to my power bi application so i dont have to download the excel file every month and would would update automatically. 

I know we can do this for sharepoint folder etc but for power bi I have tried the embeded sharepoint link and sharepoint list from power bi but i end up getting the error. How can i do that?

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @moizimtiaz ,

You can check if you are using the right connector or entering a valid URL in the right format.

Can you provide details of the error message that occurred when you made the connection so we can better help you?

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: Error accessing SharePoint List from Power BI Desk... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Solved: Can't connect to Sharepoint subsites using PowerBI - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com...

Solved: Sharepoint Connection Error - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you please share what you have tried as its hard to know where its going wrong without that information.

here is a video that might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCfv6beXjjQ

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.