Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SirishaD
Frequent Visitor

Connect Dynamic365 Finance and Operations to Microsoft Fabric

Can anyone help me on how to connect Microsoft 365 Finance and Operations 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SirishaD ,

To connect Power BI Desktop to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, please follow these steps:

From the Power BI Desktop menu, click Get Data on the Home tab.

If a pull-down menu appears on your system, you may need to click the More button.

The Get Data window appears.

Click Online Services, on the left side of the window.

The list of online services appears on the right side of the window.

Choose Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online) from the list and then click the yellow Connect button.

A dialog box appears, prompting you to specify the web API URL of your Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations instance.

Dynamics 365 online connection prompt.

The Dynamics 365 (online) connection prompt.

In other words, it wants the website address you browse to when signed in to Finance and Operations.

Enter the required web API URL.

You can cut-and-paste the website address from your browser; just be sure to remove any text after and add the following text to the address:dynamics.com

/api/data/v8 or /api/data/v8.1 or/api/data/v8.2 (depending on your version number)

Click the yellow OK button.

If you want to know more please see:

How to Connect to Dynamics 365 with Power BI Desktop - dummies

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SirishaD ,

To connect Power BI Desktop to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, please follow these steps:

From the Power BI Desktop menu, click Get Data on the Home tab.

If a pull-down menu appears on your system, you may need to click the More button.

The Get Data window appears.

Click Online Services, on the left side of the window.

The list of online services appears on the right side of the window.

Choose Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online) from the list and then click the yellow Connect button.

A dialog box appears, prompting you to specify the web API URL of your Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations instance.

Dynamics 365 online connection prompt.

The Dynamics 365 (online) connection prompt.

In other words, it wants the website address you browse to when signed in to Finance and Operations.

Enter the required web API URL.

You can cut-and-paste the website address from your browser; just be sure to remove any text after and add the following text to the address:dynamics.com

/api/data/v8 or /api/data/v8.1 or/api/data/v8.2 (depending on your version number)

Click the yellow OK button.

If you want to know more please see:

How to Connect to Dynamics 365 with Power BI Desktop - dummies

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your response and also please let me know the other issue.
How can we pull data from Dynamic 365FO to Dataverse,
my requirement here is i want to pull data from dynamic365 FO to dataverse and then using dataverse i need to load data to Microsoft fabric.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.