Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Johnxtrem
Regular Visitor

Conditional breakdown waterfall chart

Hello dear community !

For the need of my reports, I created a waterfall chart in which I would like to choose the visual behaves when displaying the breakdown columns.

Let me be more specific :

I use three main elements in my waterfall :

•  A "Category" column in a separate table which contains the exhaustivity of my datafiles that can be compared in the chart. I use separate measures into slicers to select the "initial" and "final" datafiles.
  • a "Breakdown" column in an other table where I basically describes all the "intermediary" colmuns that will describe the evolution between the "initial" and the "final".   
  • a third measure called "Revenues variance", in which I use the Switch and Selected value functions to call the two categories to compare, and every line of my "breakdown" table in the same order as in the table.

Here's what my measure looks like :

Capture d'écran 2024-01-15 093828.png

Capture d'écran 2024-01-15 093842.png  

It allow me to call the related measures that calculate all the differrences of each one of my "breakdown" categories bewteen my "initial" and "final" data.

These mesures can refer to portfolios of assets, as well as kinds of revenues or assets with specific conditions (indexation, sales, ...) that belong to portfolios, but that must be analysed regardless of their portoflios.

I currently have this result :

Johnxtrem_0-1705307841798.png

My question :

Whenever I use the breakdown setting in the visualization field, Power BI automatically decide which breakdown categories to display (based on their value), and aggregate the others into an "other category".

Johnxtrem_0-1705308506954.png

However, what I would like to do is to "fix" some of these columns : "Indexation", "Sales", ... regardless of their value, so that by choosing a maximal breakdown high enough in the settings to display at lease the chosen categories, and then, the portfolios with the higher values.

Is is even possible to choose the way the chart will behave to display my breakdown bars ? If yes, how can I achieve that ?

Thank you very much in advance !

2 REPLIES 2
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Johnxtrem 

Based on what I've learned so far, Power BI doesn't have built-in features that allow you to pin or fix specific columns in a waterfall visualization. The segmentation feature in a waterfall chart is designed to automatically display the most significant values and group smaller values into the Other category based on the size of the value.

If you want to know more information, you can refer to the following link:

Waterfall charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jayleny

Hi Jayleny,

Thanks for your answer !

Should someone have a way to do it I haven't found a solution yet.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.