Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Dorinda
Regular Visitor

Conditional Formatting based on two conditions

good morning, I need help in my power bi report to have a conditional formating that applies when two things happen. 1. If the Access right in dataverse shows as Organization which i have under a measure below

Access Level Text = 
SWITCH(
    'RolePrivileges'[privilegedepthmask],
    8, "Organization",
    4, "Parent: Child Business Units",
    2, "Business Unit",
    1, "User",
    0, "None"
)

and
2. If the Role Privilege is contains any of the following in the description
Attachment
Note
Mail

I cannot use the ootb conditional formating so we will need to have the ability to use a measure to accomplish this.

Additionally, I would like a slice that would act like a toggle to turn off or on the conditional formatting measure in powerbi

Dorinda_1-1713194351664.png

I keep getting an "OLE DB or ODBC error" when I try to apply it.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ray_aramburo
Super User
Super User

I would recommend doing this in Power Query. Create first a conditional column for your first case (Access Level Text). Then you can create a custom column to combine the logic with those results and Text.Contains (see documentation here). The outcome to place in each clause will depend on you, you can directly add a hex code to represent a color or you can even show characters (see how here ). 

Regarding your second question, you can achieve it through bookmarks: create 2 visuals: one with the conditional formatting and one without it. Then show one visual and hide the other and save this state in a bookmark, then do viceversa to capture the other state. 

Did I answer your question? Give your kudos and mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ray_aramburo
Super User
Super User

I would recommend doing this in Power Query. Create first a conditional column for your first case (Access Level Text). Then you can create a custom column to combine the logic with those results and Text.Contains (see documentation here). The outcome to place in each clause will depend on you, you can directly add a hex code to represent a color or you can even show characters (see how here ). 

Regarding your second question, you can achieve it through bookmarks: create 2 visuals: one with the conditional formatting and one without it. Then show one visual and hide the other and save this state in a bookmark, then do viceversa to capture the other state. 

Did I answer your question? Give your kudos and mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.