Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

quickbi
Frequent Visitor

Color deppending previous week column

Hi,

I have a table with sales per city and week. I want to paint the week column that is better than previous in green and in red if it's negative. Is it possible to do it in PBI?

This is what i want to do in excel:
Captura de pantalla 2024-05-09 113321.png
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quickbi ,

Have you solved your problem? If so, can you share your solution here and mark the correct answer as a standard answer to help other members find it faster? Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

manvishah17
Resolver II
Resolver II

@quickbi , 
for conditional formatting in table , 
right click on this measure name , you will see opt of " conditional formatting", chose on background.Screenshot 2024-05-09 172140.pngScreenshot 2024-05-09 172208.png

Hi,

Many thanks for your help, but I don't know why didn't let me:

quickbi_0-1715276698058.png

and the measure:

Revenues Week Difference =
VAR CurrentWeek = SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar'[Week Year])
VAR CurrentWeekSales = CALCULATE([Revenues Actual], 'Calendar'[Week Year] = CurrentWeek)
VAR PreviousWeekSales = CALCULATE([Revenues Actual], 'Calendar'[Week Year] = CurrentWeek - 1)
RETURN
IF(
    CurrentWeekSales - PreviousWeekSales >0 ,
    "green",
    "red"
)

I don't know why did not let me...no warnings, only a square border in red

Okay , @quickbi see you have to select that drop down arrow on red borederd box , then a list will appear of all your table names and search for the Measure name "Revenues Week Difference", then select it and click "ok" . 
Hope this helps.
If you still have a doubt please let me know.
If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

manvishah17
Resolver II
Resolver II

Screenshot 2024-05-09 171051.png

Screenshot 2024-05-09 171154.pngSee this fx beside color opt in visualization pannel, click on this , you will see a conditional formatting screen.
After that click on drop down and then chosee "field value" and type measure named here is difference.
Thatsall.

manvishah17
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @quickbi , i have a screen recording but its not gettinh uploaded. so let me tell you verbally.

manvishah17
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @quickbi ,
Yes you can achieve it by conditional formatting in PBI ,
I created a sample dataset and get this output ,
Screenshot 2024-05-09 161954.png

You can use this measure and the plot it in FX OF YOUR COLUMN OPT IN FORMAT OPT. 

Difference = 
VAR CurrentWeek = SELECTEDVALUE('DateTable'[WeekNoYear])
VAR CurrentWeekSales = CALCULATE(SUM('Order Data'[Sales]), 'DateTable'[WeekNoYear] = CurrentWeek)
VAR PreviousWeekSales = CALCULATE(SUM('Order Data'[Sales]), 'DateTable'[WeekNoYear] = CurrentWeek - 1)
RETURN 
IF(
    CurrentWeekSales - PreviousWeekSales >0 , 
    "green",
    "red"
)

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Hi,
thanks for the answer, where do I have to put this measure, I can't reach your result.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.