Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

trogne
Regular Visitor

Change date to french

I created my Power BI pbix while my regional settings was in english.

Now, my regional settings are in french, by the dates are still in english ("year", "january"...).

Is there a way to get french dates ?      I hope I don't have to recreate all the pbix from scratch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @trogne ,

Glad to see you found a solution!
The date hierarchy labels ("month" "year" "day") you mentioned before is determined by the Region where you first load this data source into Power BI Desktop in one pbix. This is why when you set the region to France and then re-create pbix it will be displayed in French.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Igor_M
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @trogne, could you try the following Changing the culture of a Power BI Desktop file?

Oh!  It works for the month name (e.g. "janvier" instead of "january").

But the date headers are still in english ("Year" / "Month" / "Day").

Can this be changed with the ".pbit" ?

Can you maybe provide a screenshot?

I can only guess that you are referring to the column names which as far as I know can only be changed by editing each column manually (I assume you don't want to build a multi-language report as explained here).

The date hierarchy labels ("month" "year" "day") can't be changed, as opposed to the other labels (like "Visiteurs" beow).

I created a new pbix from scratch (using french regional settings), and now there are in french.

I'm happy to have figured out we could copy-paste visuals between pbix !

trogne_1-1713969316724.png

Hi @trogne ,

Glad to see you found a solution!
The date hierarchy labels ("month" "year" "day") you mentioned before is determined by the Region where you first load this data source into Power BI Desktop in one pbix. This is why when you set the region to France and then re-create pbix it will be displayed in French.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.