Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

acseagers
Frequent Visitor

Change Number Format of Reference Line Data Label for Secondary Y-Axis

I'm trying to create reference lines and corresponding data labels for a line graph that uses a secondary Y-axis.

The two measures have different data types - one is a percentage (e.g. Close Rate) and one is a whole number (e.g. New Tickets). The primary Y-axis is the percentage (Close Rate, red). When I add a reference line for the secondary Y-axis (New Tickets, blue), it will not allow me to change the data type from a percentage to a whole number. Instead of showing an average of 954.2 tickets completed on the reference line, it shows 95420% as the data label.

acseagers_0-1694523672108.png

Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere, but how can this be changed to reflect the same number format at the secondary Y-axis instead of the primary?

Thanks in advance!!

Annie

4 REPLIES 4
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acseagers ,

According to my tests, this y-axis reference line is for the primary y-axis, because your main y-axis is a percentage, so the reference line is also a percentage. The workaround is to place your percentage measure on the second y-axis and prevent the whole number measure from the primary y-axis.

vstephenmsft_0-1694679017332.png

vstephenmsft_1-1694679049363.png

If you want to keep the percentage axis on the left and the integer axis on the right, the style. There is a "Switch axis position" option that you can turn on.

vstephenmsft_2-1694679110477.png

After the option is turned on, please check below.

vstephenmsft_3-1694679202305.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Hi Stephen - 

Thanks for looking into this!

I'm not sure this quite solves my issue as I would like to have reference lines for both the primary and the secondary Y-axis on this graph. It seems that you cannot individually format the data labels for the reference lines even if they coordinate with separate series.

acseagers
Frequent Visitor

Hi @chonchar ! Thank you for the quick response 😁

That measure is already formatted as a whole number - it even shows the secondary Y-axis on the right hand side in that correct whole number format!

Thanks,

Annie

chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

Have you tried formatting the measure itself rather than on the visual? Click the meausre and then you should see this: 

chonchar_0-1694524461526.png

Hope this helps,

Cam

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.