Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BIlix
Helper II
Helper II

Change Model Language with PBIB

Hello Community,

I want to change my Reports Model Language. I know, that this is not possible after creating the Model.

Did anyone tried to achieve this by using a PBIP File? My first attempt would be to create a new Report, Import the Data, save as PBIP and replace the necessary Files with the PBIP of the existing report. 

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BIlix ,

I think it will, just like that.

vhuijieymsft_1-1715847078146.png

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BIlix
Helper II
Helper II

BIlix_0-1715847239378.png

This is what I would like to change. Instead of showing bn. It should show the german version Mrd. 

BIlix
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you 🙂 

Would this change the display of Value shortcuts like thousands, millions to the shortcut of the regarding language? E.G. Different shortcut for thousands in German vs. English?

Hi @BIlix ,

I think it will, just like that.

vhuijieymsft_1-1715847078146.png

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BIlix ,

Open PBIP in Power BI Desktop.

To provide a better source code management and co-development experience, you can save a Power BI project file (PBIP) using the Table Model Definition Language (TMDL) as a semantic model file format.

Before you can use it, you must enable it in the Preview feature:

Go to File > Options and Settings > Options > Preview Features and check the box next to Check the box next to “Use TMDL format to check stored semantic models”.

vhuijieymsft_0-1715843186216.png

When you enable the TMDL preview feature, when you save the project, the semantic model will be saved as a TMDL folder named \definition in the Semantic Model folder.

Find code similar to the following example:

vhuijieymsft_1-1715843186219.png

If you want to modify the language inside the model, I think you can change the places labeled above to values in a format similar to this:

vhuijieymsft_2-1715843207963.png

For more information, please refer to the following documents:

Power BI Desktop project semantic model folder - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Tabular Model Definition Language (TMDL) | Microsoft Learn

Use locale values in multiple-language Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Or you can use Translations Builder to change the metadata language.

vhuijieymsft_3-1715843207966.png

Translations Builder does most of its work by adding and updating metadata translations associated with data model objects, including tables, columns, and metrics. In addition, Translations Builder creates new tables in the data model to implement strategies to handle all aspects of building multilingual reports.

You can see the official documentation and video below:

Create multiple-language reports with Translations Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Session 34: Building Multi-language Reports in Power BI - Part 2 · Power BI Dev Camp (powerappsporta...

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.