Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Ximo
Frequent Visitor

Certified visuals disappearing randomly

Hi,

I am using the below two certified visuals:

Ximo_0-1656351888872.png

Ximo_1-1656351972157.png

The issue I have found is that they dissapear randomly when editing the report in Power BI Desktop.

When can I start to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Ximo
Frequent Visitor

This is the Chiclet Slicer (Certified) disappearing from the Visualizations dashboard and displaying no data in the report:

Ximo_0-1656449204439.png

Above in yellow the Text Wrapper visual with the same situation, disappeared from the Visualizations sidebar and has no data in the visual.

HI @Ximo,

What version of power bi desktop are you working on? According to your snapshot, it seems more related to the visual itself, have you tested with other custom visuals?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

If this scenario does not appear with other custom visuals, I'd like to suggest you contact the visual author to report this situation with your desktop client and custom visual versions to get further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Version: 2.106.883.0 64-bit (June 2022), seems that is related to the Undo action, there was another post mentioning this has been escalated.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ximo ,

Can you share some screenshots around how they disappear when you edit your reports?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Pragati11 

The sidebar with the mentioned visuals:

Ximo_0-1656356162442.png

The sidebar without the visuals:

Ximo_1-1656356193625.png

1. Restarting Power BI Desktop put them back in the sidebar and the visuals work as expected in the dashboard.

2. When the icons in the sidebar disappear, the visuals in the dashboard are empty but their placeholder still there

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.