Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yurishka
Frequent Visitor

Calculating a monthly objective according to a slicer

<.pbix included!>

Hi,

I am kind of new on PowerBI and I have been struggling for hours on a calculation that should be easy to do (it seems).

I built a dashboard to follow the team's objectives and their achievements, to be displayed in a matrix. Each employee's objective is annual and divided in 12 to follow it month by month. For example, you have to win 24 cases in 2022 : 2 in January, +2 in February, +2 in March... In July you should be at 24/12x7 = 14. Really easy, right?

I would like the managers to be able to select for example "January to May" = 1 to 5, meaning that the objective is the sum of their monthly objectives from January to May. But what I can't do in PowerBI is to update the "Objective to date" with the slicer "Month". The slicer does update the actual number of cases won, but I don't know the DAX formula to update the selected months.

Here are 2 examples of expected results (the names of people and department number are blurred) :

Name of columns in english: Department, Objective 2022, Objective (to date), Result to date, % achieved (to date)

End of may.pngEnd of july.png

I worked on a simplified .pbix file for you to play with (no confidential data) and associated source :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F6TeBDO3kwddTgZRdxRejDvqbN1g3T5U?usp=sharing

Thank you very much to the kind users who can help me... I really cannot find the solution 😞

Have a good day

3 REPLIES 3
Yurishka
Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone,
Nobody has a solution on this ?

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yurishka ,

So your goal is to realize filter Objective to date through slicer? I check your PBIX file and find that this column didn't have value, you haven't calculated the value of Objective to date yet, have you?

Confirm your goal here in case I have misunderstood it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi Selina,

Thank you for your answer 🙂

In the dummy pbix file I didn't put anything because I didn't want to put anything wrong. But here is what I current have in my original pbix file ; the "mois en cours" (current month) is just a constant figure I put in manually, and it's this parameter that should change regarding the values in the slicer.

Then, I just the "Objective to date" column to calculate the achievement% according to the employee's result. You can see the final result in the 2 pictures above.

I hope this is clearer, if not, please advise.

Capture d’écran 2022-08-29 114753.png

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors