Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kouter
Advocate I
Advocate I

Bookmark navigator black background showing wrong selection

Hi there, 

I have two bookmark navigators on one page. The one bookmark navigator 1 (bn1) takes me to a different page and bookmark navigator 2 (bn2) shows different visuals based on selection.

The page I am currently on has a default view. If I have clicked on the selection bn2 which will give me the default view, and click on bn1 to navigate to a different page and then click on bn1 to navigate back to the previous page, I will see my default view as well as the black background on the correct selection.

However, when I click on bn2 which shows a different visual, then click on bn1 to navigate to different page and then navigate back to the previous page, I will see my default view, but the black background on bn2 will be on the selection I made before I navigated to a different page.

Is it possible to ensure the black background is always showing on the actual selected bookmark?

Any suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks.  

6 REPLIES 6
mcinnisbr
Advocate I
Advocate I

The book mark navigator need to be fixed!  the state issue is still a thing.  the old method is way too cumbersome and hacky.

nabandla

1. Create a button for each bookmark.
  2. For each button, create two copies: one that appears unselected and one that appears selected (you can use different colors or images to distinguish between the two states).
  3. Create a bookmark for each state of each button. Make sure to deselect "Data" and "Display" in the bookmark settings. Only leave "Selected visuals" active. This will ensure that only the state of the button is saved in the bookmark and not any filters or other settings.
  4. Set up each button so that when it's clicked, it triggers its corresponding bookmark and switches to its selected state. At the same time, make sure it switches all other buttons to their unselected states.

This definitely works, it's how we did it before the bookmark navigator was a thing. Hopefully they will still fix the navigator because it makes it a lot easier working with bookmarks and buttons. 

Hi @nabandla, thanks so much!

ssalisbury1
Frequent Visitor

Hi @kouter, I am facing the same issue. Were you able to get a resolution? Thanks!

Hi @ssalisbury1,

Apologies for only replying now. But I see @nabandla already provided a solution. Thank you very much @nabandla .

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.