Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ps_twoo11

Average of Avergae

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are doing well,

I am creating a model where I have to find average number of WFs done by individuals in a month , now I want to find average of all the averages that I calculated for them.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
ps_twoo11

Hi @sebastiandyrby , Thank y ou for you response, Currently I am using this DAX query to create a measure "= count(table[WF ID])/distinctcount(table[date])/(distinctcount(table[processor]) " it gives me correct value for an individual but what I want is, the average of all the averages derrived from above calculation.

Thanks,

Hi again

It's a little hard to understand what you're doing without more information about the report or the dataset. But I imagine that you could take the average of your calculated measure using the AVERAGEX function; similar to what I did in the previous answer calculating the "MonthAverage"-measure.

sebastiandyrby
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

If I understand your question correctly, you can calculate the monthly averages with a FILTER function in a measure like this:

MonthAverage = 

VAR filteredTable =
FILTER(
    ALL('Table'),
    'Table'[Month] = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Month])
)

RETURN
AVERAGEX(
    filteredTable,
    'Table'[WFs]
)

Where I filter the table to only look at values for each month and then average my column of WFs. This might differ depending on the structure of your dataset. 

Next, I can simply take the average of these monthly averages like this:

Average of averages = 
AVERAGEX(
    ALL('Table'),
    [MonthAverage]
)

This yields the following results, where the left-most table is the sample dataset I used and the two measures. Next table is the monthly averages and the card shows the average of the monthly averages:

sebastiandyrby_0-1677064955814.png

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.