Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ykap

Analytics Pane is missing - Build a Visual

Hi, 

I recently started learning Power BI but I do not have the Visualizations Pane, I instead have the Build a Visual pane but inside this pane I do not have the magnifying glass for analytics neither the paint brush - how do I access these features? I have desktop power BI Version: 2.120.731.0 64-bit (August 2023).

Thanks!

Yolanda K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On-object | Public Preview (Opt-in) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

The Analytics pane is now merged with the Format pane.

Previously analytics features were on their own pivot in the Visualizations pane. With the removal of the Visualizations pane, we have now added the analytics features to the format pane as considered to be more “elements to add to your visual.” You will also be able to select a reference line, error bar, or anomaly to format coming soon

foodd_0-1692919312532.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mrlutton
Advocate II
Advocate II

I can find reference line options, but where the hell is forecasting? Searching brings up nothing. These updates have made all tutorials and blog posts obsolete and it is very frustrating for someone trying to learn on their own. 

ykap

Please see below a screen shot of my screen where you can see the visual is selected yet I can't see the magnifying glass or the paint brush.  Thanks

ykap_0-1692917063721.png

On-object | Public Preview (Opt-in) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

The Analytics pane is now merged with the Format pane.

Previously analytics features were on their own pivot in the Visualizations pane. With the removal of the Visualizations pane, we have now added the analytics features to the format pane as considered to be more “elements to add to your visual.” You will also be able to select a reference line, error bar, or anomaly to format coming soon

foodd_0-1692919312532.png

Thank you! this was perfect! got it from here 🙂 THANKS

You enter format mode in one of two ways:

• Double-click a visual.
  • Right-click a visual > select Format.

You know you’re in this new mode when the bounding box turns blue, the handle shapes turn to squares, and the hover and click behavior changes to show subselection regions.

foodd
Super User
Super User

Are you sure that this is not just an on-object interaction?  Would you please add screenshots so that we are able to better understand your question?  Use on-object interaction with visuals in your report (preview)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.