Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Advanced Date Filter Automatically adds current time

Hi All, 

I recently noticed that when i add a date filter in my filter panel, switch it to advanced with 'is', select a date: it will add the current hour and minutes to it. 

How can i change this? 

i use a seperate date table, with just dates, no times attached. And i want to filter my report using the filter panel. Seemed to be working before, but now it doesnt. When I change back the time to 12:00 AM, it works again. 

I want to prevent the time slot from filling, as i'm just looking for a specific date. I hate to use a slicer on the report, all my filters are hidden in the filter panel 🙂 

No date selectedNo date selectedWhen a date is selectedWhen a date is selected

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AndreLap

You can refer to the following message.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Advanced-filter-for-dates-is-not-working-properly/idi-p/1047...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Change the data type date from datetime

Data Format New Rib.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amitchandak, 

That is the first thing I tried. It's set to a date type. It seems to work okay in the desktop, but it fails in the service. 

Here is the filter and the table

pbi filter.pngpbi no filter.png

@AndreLap

You can refer to the following message.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Advanced-filter-for-dates-is-not-working-properly/idi-p/1047...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-chuncz-msft ! I will keep an eye on that post for a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.