Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

pirap

Adobe Analytics Error | The field "name" of the record wasn't found

Hello,

Since last week, we have been unable to retrieve data from our Adobe Analytics using the Power BI native connector.

The following error occurs in Power BI Service and in Power BI Desktop.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any idea?

pirap_0-1693286659111.png

Following are the things we have tried till now from our side:
1. Completely removed the cache, permissions and credentials from Power BI Desktop.
2. Freshly installed power BI desktop on new environment to test out the connector. Also tried using other credential to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pirap

Update - We tried removing the user from Adobe Analytics and re-adding the users. This worked and now we are able to fetch the reportsuites and data through the Power BI native connector.

Thanks everyone for the support. You can also try this step.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I received a response from Microsoft that the "product team confirmed that they just deployed the fix".

pirap

Update - We tried removing the user from Adobe Analytics and re-adding the users. This worked and now we are able to fetch the reportsuites and data through the Power BI native connector.

Thanks everyone for the support. You can also try this step.

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I submitted a ticket with Microsoft, and received the response: "Our product team has determined this as a known issue, they are working on the investigation, if there is anything I need from you I will let you know."

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This is happening in my org too.

NOTE, it's only the 2.0 (Beta) implementation of the connector that is erroring.

jeffshieldsdev_0-1693320679156.png

Source = AdobeAnalytics.Cubes([HierarchicalNavigation=true, Implementation="2.0"]),

I will raise a case with Microsoft.

Thanks @moneyball808 & @jeffshieldsdev. Yep, the problem is happening only over 2.0 implementation. Please do update here if any you find any solution or workarounds.

moneyball808

Having the same issue with 1.0 unaffected but 2.0 giving me problems. Never an issue before this week. Commenting to follow and will update if I find a solve 

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @pirap ,

so you need to  check the datasource or api for this missing field, so it could be that it was removed or most probably the name of this column was changed that's why its giving the error.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi. The "name" field is not something which we can control. In Adobe Analytics, we have certain report suites which should come up in navigator and the data resides within these report suites. The problem is that the Power BI connector is not able to fetch the report suites.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/adobe-analytics

I am affected by this too. Seems to be happening for lots of people. Over on the Adobe forums they have done some diagnosis and say the calls to Adobe are returning successfully, so it must be the PowerBI end misinterpreting the response. Re: Error connecting to Adobe Analytics Power BI C... - Adobe Experience League Community - 614006. I suggest that affected customers raise a support ticket with Microsoft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.