Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tebtim19
Helper IV
Helper IV

Add plus sign

Done Anyone know how to add plus sign to the whole number?

I have this formula for number of joiner but I want that the result have "+" before the number

# of Joiner =
CALCULATE (
COUNT ([emp ID]),
USERELATIONSHIP ( 'SAP'[EntryDate],'Dates'[Date] )
)+0
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @tebtim19 ,

You can do as following:
# of Joiner = "+" & CALCULATE (COUNT ([emp ID]),USERELATIONSHIP ( 'SAP'[EntryDate],'Dates'[Date] )

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

View solution in original post

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @tebtim19 ,

if you just want to change the appearance of the value but not the value itself you can also use a custom format that always shows a plus sign when it's positive and a minus when it's negative:

2.png

This would display the number like that, but won't change the value itself. So it is still a normal number and not a text:

3.pngIf you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi

Hi @tebtim19 ,

**EDIT** The below will work, but I believe @selimovd has actually provided the best solution.

I would create a new measure as follows:

# of Joiner Plus =
"+" & [# of Joiner]

// or

# of Joiner Plus =
FORMAT(
  [# of Joiner],
  "+0.00"
)

The exact format in the FORMAT() example can be adjusted to how you want it.

The reason I suggest keeping and using your original measure in a reformatted version is because as soon as you make this format change, the measure output becomes text. therefore, you can't use this measure in conditional formatting etc.

Doing it this way means you can use the "Plus" version to actually display in visuals, but you can still use the original version to apply to conditional formatting rules etc.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

3 REPLIES 3
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @tebtim19 ,

if you just want to change the appearance of the value but not the value itself you can also use a custom format that always shows a plus sign when it's positive and a minus when it's negative:

2.png

This would display the number like that, but won't change the value itself. So it is still a normal number and not a text:

3.pngIf you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @tebtim19 ,

You can do as following:
# of Joiner = "+" & CALCULATE (COUNT ([emp ID]),USERELATIONSHIP ( 'SAP'[EntryDate],'Dates'[Date] )

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Hi @tebtim19 ,

**EDIT** The below will work, but I believe @selimovd has actually provided the best solution.

I would create a new measure as follows:

# of Joiner Plus =
"+" & [# of Joiner]

// or

# of Joiner Plus =
FORMAT(
  [# of Joiner],
  "+0.00"
)

The exact format in the FORMAT() example can be adjusted to how you want it.

The reason I suggest keeping and using your original measure in a reformatted version is because as soon as you make this format change, the measure output becomes text. therefore, you can't use this measure in conditional formatting etc.

Doing it this way means you can use the "Plus" version to actually display in visuals, but you can still use the original version to apply to conditional formatting rules etc.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.