Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

willatkinson
Helper I
Helper I

Accessibility notification sounds for filter changes

Hi all,

We need to be able to configure a notification sound that plays anytime the PBI report changes due to a filter, so that our reports fit an accessibilty criteria.

Is there any way of doing this?

Cheers,

Will

2 REPLIES 2
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @willatkinson ,

As of the last update, Power BI does not natively support the configuration of notification sounds triggered by filter changes within reports. The platform's accessibility features primarily focus on visual and navigational aspects to assist users with different needs, as outlined in the Power BI accessibility documentation:Overview of accessibility in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Utilize Power BI Embedded to integrate your report into a custom web application. This gives you more control over the report's behavior and interactions. You can read this document: Power BI embedded analytics overview - Power BI | Microsoft Learn Implement event handlers in your web application that listen for filter changes in the embedded report. Once a filter change event is detected, you can trigger a custom notification sound using HTML5 audio features or any JavaScript audio library within your web application.

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @willatkinson ,

there's nothing that works like this, you can suggest it as an idea through this link
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.