Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ewkcoder
Frequent Visitor

ALLSELECTED with interactions turned on

Problem:

I am trying to calculate a column based on the multiple selections in one slicer.  There are many slicers on page.

Project:

Report Page 1:

I allow users to select from a slicer a list of emails.  Column name is 'Email'[(c) Name]

Report Page 2:

Displays selected emails in a table showing the various metrics associated.  On this page there is a button that allows user to run comparisons on the selected data.  When clicked user is brough to report page 3.

Report Page 3:

Provides three slicer multi select boxes that have the emails the users selected on Page 1.  The purpose of these page is to now allow users to create groups from their original selections.  They can create up to three groups by making selections in each slicer box.  Each slicer box refers to a custom column in the Email table.

Column names

(c) Comparision Group 1 = (c) Name

(c) Comparison Group 2 = (c) Name

(c) Comparison Group 3 = (c) Name

Users build their groups in each of the three slicers and click the next button.

Report Page 4:

THERE IS WHERE I AM HITTING AN ISSUE.  I want to create measures that caculate the totals from each of the three selections.

I have tried REMOVEFILTERS, ALLEXCEPT and nothing is working.  Just want to be able to calculate the sum of metrics like 'Email'[clicks] from what was selected in Comparison Group 1 & Comparison Group 2 & Comparison Group 3.  

3 REPLIES 3
ewkcoder
Frequent Visitor

Adding more description to what I am looking to accomplish.

#1) Allow users to pick from a list of data.

#2) Display data on a table for basic comparison.

#3) Allow the user to click a button to another report page that preserves their original selections and displays all of their selections in three different multi select slicers.  Users can now create groups of the original records they selected for comparison against one another.

#4) User clicks next button and on this page I want to compare the groups against eachother.  

To accomplish this I created three clones of the column being used to fill each slicer.  From here I want to now write measures where I can isolate the records selected in each of the slicers.

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ewkcoder ,

I'm sorry, but by your description, I'm not quite sure what your dilemma is and what the desired outcome is.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ewkcoder
Frequent Visitor

I would still like to know if there is a way to solve this with the columns I created but I was able to solve by creating three references to the table removing all unnecessary columns in those tables and then setting up proper relationships.  In doing this I was able to use removefilters effectively to caculate the sum of metrics by each groups selections.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.