Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TejasShah
Helper I
Helper I

6am to 6am filter in Slicer, but with single timestamp table

Hello all. I have this table where I have my timestamp(bins) where I need the data from only 6am of FromDate to 6am of To Date.

I have tried the following solution from a couple of post, but I am unable to understand what should be defined to variable 

vCurrentLogDatetime

6To6Flag =
VAR vStartDate =
    CALCULATE ( MIN ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] ), ALLSELECTED( ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] ) ))
VAR vEndDate =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] ), ALLSELECTED ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] ) )
VAR vCurrentLogDatetime =
    MAX ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] )
VAR vCurrentLogDate =
    INT ( vCurrentLogDatetime )
VAR vCurrentLogTime =
    TIME ( HOUR ( vCurrentLogDatetime ), MINUTE ( vCurrentLogDatetime ), SECOND ( vCurrentLogDatetime ) )
VAR vResult =
    SWITCH (
        TRUE,
        vCurrentLogDate = vStartDate, IF ( vCurrentLogTime > TIME ( 6, 0, 0 ), 1, 0 ),
        vCurrentLogDate = vEndDate, IF ( vCurrentLogTime < TIME ( 6, 0, 0 ), 1, 0 ),
        vCurrentLogDate > vStartDate && vCurrentLogDate < vEndDate, 1,
    )
RETURN
    vResult

Using this I am able to get filter for FromDate but unable to get the same for ToDate:

TejasShah_0-1710747328839.png

Can anyone please support, this measure was suggested by @DataInsights in that particular post.

I am doubtful about the vCurrentLogDatetime variable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chocohammer
Frequent Visitor

Hi @TejasShah 

I'm not an expert, but I had a similar problem with Slicer for the 12 hour shift. Maybe you can use my solution to the problem and custom it.

I would solve this not in the measure but rather add a new column to the table. If you have a table with a start and end in one row, you can easily use this IF statement:

6to6Flag =
IF(
 HOUR ( Data[start] )  >= 6 /*you can use = for both if it's only one day timestamp like a plan between*/
        && HOUR ( Data[end] ) <= 18, "True",
"False"
)

If the start and end data are not in the same row, try using SWITCH / IF:
6to6Flag =
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    HOUR(Data[timestamp]) >= 6 && HOUR(Data[timestamp]) < 18, "True",
    "False"
)

Then, if there is no problem with relationships for the filtering, you can hard filter the rest of the data out with the True/False statement. Hope this will help or maybe someone will have a better idea 🙂

Have a good one

Choco

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chocohammer
Frequent Visitor

Hi @TejasShah 

I'm not an expert, but I had a similar problem with Slicer for the 12 hour shift. Maybe you can use my solution to the problem and custom it.

I would solve this not in the measure but rather add a new column to the table. If you have a table with a start and end in one row, you can easily use this IF statement:

6to6Flag =
IF(
 HOUR ( Data[start] )  >= 6 /*you can use = for both if it's only one day timestamp like a plan between*/
        && HOUR ( Data[end] ) <= 18, "True",
"False"
)

If the start and end data are not in the same row, try using SWITCH / IF:
6to6Flag =
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    HOUR(Data[timestamp]) >= 6 && HOUR(Data[timestamp]) < 18, "True",
    "False"
)

Then, if there is no problem with relationships for the filtering, you can hard filter the rest of the data out with the True/False statement. Hope this will help or maybe someone will have a better idea 🙂

Have a good one

Choco

Hello @Chocohammer , soory for my late response.

But what I am finding is filter from 6am of From date to the 6am of To date, so this filter of 6 and 18 hours won't be feasible in my case.

Can you please suggest any other way out?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.