Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TejasShah
Helper I
Helper I

6am to 6am filter in Slicer, but with single timestamp table

Hello all. I have this table where I have my timestamp(bins) where I need the data from only 6am of FromDate to 6am of To Date.

I have tried the following solution from a couple of post, but I am unable to understand what should be defined to variable 

vCurrentLogDatetime

6To6Flag =
VAR vStartDate =
    CALCULATE ( MIN ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] ), ALLSELECTED( ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] ) ))
VAR vEndDate =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] ), ALLSELECTED ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] ) )
VAR vCurrentLogDatetime =
    MAX ( Meter_Consumption_Table[timestamp (bins)] )
VAR vCurrentLogDate =
    INT ( vCurrentLogDatetime )
VAR vCurrentLogTime =
    TIME ( HOUR ( vCurrentLogDatetime ), MINUTE ( vCurrentLogDatetime ), SECOND ( vCurrentLogDatetime ) )
VAR vResult =
    SWITCH (
        TRUE,
        vCurrentLogDate = vStartDate, IF ( vCurrentLogTime > TIME ( 6, 0, 0 ), 1, 0 ),
        vCurrentLogDate = vEndDate, IF ( vCurrentLogTime < TIME ( 6, 0, 0 ), 1, 0 ),
        vCurrentLogDate > vStartDate && vCurrentLogDate < vEndDate, 1,
    )
RETURN
    vResult

Using this I am able to get filter for FromDate but unable to get the same for ToDate:

TejasShah_0-1710747328839.png

Can anyone please support, this measure was suggested by @DataInsights in that particular post.

I am doubtful about the vCurrentLogDatetime variable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chocohammer
Frequent Visitor

Hi @TejasShah 

I'm not an expert, but I had a similar problem with Slicer for the 12 hour shift. Maybe you can use my solution to the problem and custom it.

I would solve this not in the measure but rather add a new column to the table. If you have a table with a start and end in one row, you can easily use this IF statement:

6to6Flag =
IF(
 HOUR ( Data[start] )  >= 6 /*you can use = for both if it's only one day timestamp like a plan between*/
        && HOUR ( Data[end] ) <= 18, "True",
"False"
)

If the start and end data are not in the same row, try using SWITCH / IF:
6to6Flag =
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    HOUR(Data[timestamp]) >= 6 && HOUR(Data[timestamp]) < 18, "True",
    "False"
)

Then, if there is no problem with relationships for the filtering, you can hard filter the rest of the data out with the True/False statement. Hope this will help or maybe someone will have a better idea 🙂

Have a good one

Choco

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chocohammer
Frequent Visitor

Hi @TejasShah 

I'm not an expert, but I had a similar problem with Slicer for the 12 hour shift. Maybe you can use my solution to the problem and custom it.

I would solve this not in the measure but rather add a new column to the table. If you have a table with a start and end in one row, you can easily use this IF statement:

6to6Flag =
IF(
 HOUR ( Data[start] )  >= 6 /*you can use = for both if it's only one day timestamp like a plan between*/
        && HOUR ( Data[end] ) <= 18, "True",
"False"
)

If the start and end data are not in the same row, try using SWITCH / IF:
6to6Flag =
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    HOUR(Data[timestamp]) >= 6 && HOUR(Data[timestamp]) < 18, "True",
    "False"
)

Then, if there is no problem with relationships for the filtering, you can hard filter the rest of the data out with the True/False statement. Hope this will help or maybe someone will have a better idea 🙂

Have a good one

Choco

Hello @Chocohammer , soory for my late response.

But what I am finding is filter from 6am of From date to the 6am of To date, so this filter of 6 and 18 hours won't be feasible in my case.

Can you please suggest any other way out?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.