Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

m_cherriman
Advocate I
Advocate I

MashupException.Error: The value is not updatable.

I have a Dataflow in Fabric that connects to an on premise SQL Server and last week it was working and this week I am getting this error: Error Code: 999999, Error Details: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: The value is not updatable.

I got this error yesterday morning and had the data gateway updated yesterday afternoon in case this was the issue, but I still get the error.  The previous version of the gateway was only installed 2 weeks ago.  The current version of the gateway is 3000.198.9.

When I view the output in Dataflow it looks ok and is able to refresh.  Also there are no errors in the data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
knetkio
Regular Visitor

Hi  - we were receiving the same error but can confirm that this has gone away with the latest update for the November gateway - version 3000.198.17 (November 2023) released on 11/16/2023. Hope this helps rather than having to downgrade to a September version.  This version can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
knetkio
Regular Visitor

Hi  - we were receiving the same error but can confirm that this has gone away with the latest update for the November gateway - version 3000.198.17 (November 2023) released on 11/16/2023. Hope this helps rather than having to downgrade to a September version.  This version can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127

gthill
Frequent Visitor

Downgrading our gateway to 3000.194.14 has worked for us - just took quite a while to get the permissions internally to do that.

Same here - took a while, now we are back to business 😉

Ultimx

works fine with the september gateway guys, just downgrade it and be waiting for new version...

That is no that easy in bigger companies... 🙄

Yep, makes the hard sell of Fabric that much more challenging internally too. We're turning back some of our ambitions based on the gateway:Dataflow Gen2 challenge here.

carlosgeovany
Frequent Visitor

Issue started two days ago. Same error messages. But with gateway version 3000.190.19

Ultimx

Same issue here, can not refresh the dataflow gen2 with the last version of gateway 3000.198.9
In fact, we can refresh the power bi dataset with this gateway.

gthill
Frequent Visitor

We are getting this same error - our On-Premise Data Gateway is also 3000.198.9 (November 2023)

Error Code: 999999, Error Details: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: The value is not updatable. Details: Reason = Expression.Error;Detail = #table({"Name", "Id", "Data", "Schema", "ItemKind", "ItemName", "IsLeaf"}, {});Microsoft.Data.Mashup.Error.Context = System GatewayObjectId: XXX (Request ID: XXX).

annemari
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, same error messages. Also on gateway version 3000.198.9

Us too.

We upgraded our On-Premise Data Gateway from 3000.190.19 to 3000.198.9 last Wednesday, and all of our DataFlow Refreshes have failed since then.

We've been having some intermittent capacity issues for the past couple of months, with no corresponding increase in actual data flows, so was trying to stay ahead of this issue by pro-actively upgrading the Data Gateway, but got this issue instead.

Hopefully this issue is sorted out soon, downgrading back to the previous version seems to have resolved the issue for us as well.

darkramuh

I encountered the same issue after updating the gateway to version 3000.198.9. However, I was able to resolve it by downgrading to the September version, 3000.190.17, which restored functionality.

There is also an October version available that you might consider. However, I opted for version 3000.190.17 as I had prior experience with its successful operation.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gazsam2 , @GuillaumeBer , @knaidoo13 

Apologies for the issue you people are facing. At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this . We will update you once we hear back from them.

gazsam2
Frequent Visitor

Experiencing same issue with an on-prem SQL Server, also running 3000.198.9

knaidoo13

I am getting the exact same error. My data flows were running smoothly, and now they are all failing since we updated out paower bi gateway version to the latest. 

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi!

Could you please raise a support ticket so an engineer can take a closer look into this?

Here's the link to raise the support ticket --> https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support 

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_cherriman ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community and reporting this,

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.
Appreciate your patience.

Hi, 

is there a problem filed already? We are having the same issue after updating the Gateway to 3000.198.9

Daniel

Hi @m_cherriman ,

We'd like to check if it's our issue or hit the error by design. 

You can send us the information through email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com with the below details :

1. Workspace id
  2. Workspace name
  3. Artifact id

Subject of the email: ATTN: PRADEEP - MashupException.Error: The value is not updatable.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors