Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JE_test
Resolver I
Resolver I

Old tables still visible in web version of Data Warehouse

Hi!

I still see my old tables in the Data Warehouse and I'm not able to drop them since they are already dropped.

I use SSMS to code in the warehouse since the web-version is not very good, but now I have another issue and wanted to have a look online and found my old tables there, but as you can see in the error of the preview, they don't really exist anymore.

How do I get rid of these tables that don't exist?

JE_test_0-1713527749513.png

br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JE_test 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Clear Cache and Cookies: Sometimes your browser can cache information that might be causing the issue. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This will force the web interface to download fresh data from the server, hopefully removing the outdated information about the dropped tables.

Hard Refresh: A hard refresh bypasses the cached version of the webpage and forces the browser to download the latest version from the server. Press Ctrl+Shift+R (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+R (Mac).

Sign Out and Sign Back In: Sometimes signing out and signing back in to the Microsoft Fabric web portal can refresh the session and clear any cached data.

Use SSMS: Since you're comfortable with SSMS for managing the Data Warehouse, you can verify that the tables are truly gone. If they are not listed in SSMS, then they are definitely dropped and the web interface just needs a refresh.

If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

I hope this information helps. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JE_test 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Clear Cache and Cookies: Sometimes your browser can cache information that might be causing the issue. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This will force the web interface to download fresh data from the server, hopefully removing the outdated information about the dropped tables.

Hard Refresh: A hard refresh bypasses the cached version of the webpage and forces the browser to download the latest version from the server. Press Ctrl+Shift+R (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+R (Mac).

Sign Out and Sign Back In: Sometimes signing out and signing back in to the Microsoft Fabric web portal can refresh the session and clear any cached data.

Use SSMS: Since you're comfortable with SSMS for managing the Data Warehouse, you can verify that the tables are truly gone. If they are not listed in SSMS, then they are definitely dropped and the web interface just needs a refresh.

If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

I hope this information helps. 

Thank you.

Ctrl+Shift+R did the trick 🙂 Thanks!

Hi @JE_test 

Glad that you query got resolved.
Please continue using Fabric Community for further queries.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.