Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dan-WDW

Salesforce Connector not available with Fabric Data Factory?

I'm alittle puzzled by Microsoft having different sets of pre-established connectors in Azure Data Factory and Fabric Data Factory. Azure has a Salesforce connector, while Fabric does not. What gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Dan-WDW ,

Thank you for your response.

Currently there are no Salesforce connectors available in MS Fabric Data Factory.
But we can expect them in upcoming release of MS Fabric, as it is already on roadmap.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dan-WDW

Thanks for the reply @v-gchenna-msft. I'm refering to the Data Pipelines. Azure Pipelines has a native Salesforce connector where data can be easily copied to and from Salesforce and these copy activities can be authored very quickly. While the *Data Flows (Gen 2)* does enable one to copy data FROM Salesforce, it does not allow one to as easily copy data to Salesforce, unless I'm missing something

Hello @Dan-WDW  I am facing the same problem here. did you solve it? Any suggestions?

Tks

Hi @Dan-WDW ,

Thank you for your response.

Currently there are no Salesforce connectors available in MS Fabric Data Factory.
But we can expect them in upcoming release of MS Fabric, as it is already on roadmap.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hello everyone!

I was trying to create a Dataflow to get data from Salesforce, and I can see these connectors there (as we have in Power Query). However, when I tried to use it, the DataFactory/Dataflow sent me the message below.

The crazy point is that Salesforce can see the connection on their side, and I can connect there using Power Query (desktop).

Could you suggest something to create a dataflow using Microsoft Fabric to get data from Salesforce?

Tom_CA_0-1701055514820.png

Error message

Tom_CA_1-1701055596108.png

Salesforce connections log

Tom_CA_2-1701055842613.png

Thank you for the response, @v-gchenna-msft.  Is there a public road map?

I did in fact locate the documentation which verifies this for anyone wondering about a specific connector: Data pipeline connectors in Microsoft Fabric.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dan-WDW - Thanks for using Fabric Community.

As I understand you are looking for Salesforce Connector in MS Fabric.
I was able find 2 types of Salesforce connector in DataFlow Gen2. Can you please confirm if it helps?

vgchennamsft_0-1695897376843.png

In meantime I am checking with internal whether they are planning to add more types of Salesforce Connector in upcoming days.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors