Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jisaenz
Helper I
Helper I

Performance issues running pipelines and notebooks

I am working with the trial capacity  and I am experiencing performance issues excuting pipelines and notebooks that use spark. They are running too slow or never finish. I would like to know what is happening because in the past was runiing normal but since about 15 or 20 days ago the performance is too bad

9 REPLIES 9
Marusyk
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same problem, it took 27 minutes to simply insert 3500+ records in a warehouse.

Marusyk_0-1715774303289.png

For now I'm also using Free Trial but the docs says it is 64 CU!!! It is more than 10 000$/month after trial!!! 

What is the reason of low performance? 

Also some Direct Lake queries runs ~5-10sec.

arjaano
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Running a small notebook by hand takes about 1 minute. The runtime for running the exact same notebook from a pipeline is over 5 minutes. The notebook is ingesting 10 small CSV-files into lakehouse tables, nothing fancy.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jisaenz 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

There might be a chance of an intermittent issue could you please follow the below steps that might help you.

Temporary Glitch: Clearing cookies and caches can sometimes resolve temporary glitches within the application that might be causing the issue.

Corrupted Data: In rare cases, corrupted data stored in the browser's cache related to Microsoft Fabric might be causing the issue. Clearing the cache removes this potentially problematic data.

Hard Refresh: A hard refresh bypasses the cached version of the webpage and forces the browser to download the latest version from the server. Press Ctrl+Shift+R (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+R (Mac).

Try Microsoft Edge: If you are currently using Chrome or Firefox, try switching to Microsoft Edge to see if the issue persists. Edge is the native browser for Microsoft products and might have better compatibility with Microsoft Fabric.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

Microsoft Edge? Really? I'd want to know how Edge has better compatibility with Microsoft Fabric? In what way?

Maybe we should also use Microsoft Surface PC for better Fabric performance since it is also native to Microsoft.

Hi @jisaenz 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

I am still having issues with performance I have opened a case with Microsoft Fabric Support and until now I don't have received any soltion to my issue. I stop working with Fabric and now I am working with IBM watson and Jupyter labs and the perfromance is much better

Hi @jisaenz 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

A reference to the ticket number would be greatly appreciated. This will allow us to track the progress of your request and ensure you receive the most efficient support possible.

Thanks.

One of the ticket numbers is 2404260040011639 I have more tickets open for other issues with the same results not a solution. My perception of support is really bad you need to improve

Hi @jisaenz 

Thank you for sharing the details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.