Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cfccai
Advocate II
Advocate II

Mirroring cannot be restarted after stop

hello 

As below pic shown, after I stop the replication. The 'Start replication' button is set to unavailable.

But somehow I remember that last week I am able to restart the replication after I stop replication.

So is there any change of Mirroring recently?

cfccai_0-1712648555078.png

8 REPLIES 8
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cfccai 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this. We will update you once we hear back from them.
Thanks 

Hi @cfccai 
The internal team replied as follows:

Its really hard to tell what's going on with out any context. We need details about the source, what tables they selected (all or a subset) - if they click on configuration - what do they see? If this is Snowflake, its possible to set it up badly, it looks all okay, and when you get to this screen things dont work.

Can you please provide these details?

hello,

I am trying to mirror data from Azure SQL database. The function was working well during in the past. Recently I stopped the repilication since I want to config the replication. I click the Configure replication buttion of mirroring interface as below pic. and I choose some of the tables, and unclick some of the tables, then click Apply Changes button.

cfccai_0-1712738838025.png

So I see the screen like below:

cfccai_1-1712739185325.png

It shows me 'Mirrored Azure SQL Database is stopping.'

and buttons of Start replication, stop replication, and monitor replication is set to unavailable.

Hi @cfccai 
Can you try to create a new mirrored database going to this same source? If it says the SQLDB is already Mirrored, run this on the source sql db:
EXEC sys.sp_change_feed_disable_db
Try this and let me know.
Thanks

I created a new mirrored database with same data source. And it successfully created. And I can monitor the status like below:

cfccai_0-1712743400247.png

Hi @cfccai 
It can take a while for mirroring to kick in
Announcing Mirroring Azure SQL Database in Fabric for Public Preview | Microsoft Fabric Blog | Micro...
Under Key features, there are some DMV's to run. exec sp_help_change_feed; is the most important. It tells us what Azure SQL DB is doing.

Hi @cfccai 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Hi @cfccai 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors