Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mjcrs012

Is it possible to pass parameter from notebook activity to notebook

Is it possible to pass paremeters from notebook activity to notebook?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjcrs012 

Welcome to Fabric Community and thanks for posting your question here.

Yes, it is possible to pass parameters from a notebook activity to a notebook in Microsoft Fabric. To do this, you can use the Settings tab of the Notebook activity. In the Settings tab, under the Parameters section, you can add parameters that you want to pass to the notebook. The parameters can be of any type, such as strings, numbers, or arrays.

Here are the steps you can follow:

Step1: Create a notebook with required parameters. And make sure to select “toggle parameter cell” under more commands.

Screenshot.pngScreenshot2.png

Step 2: Create a Pipeline for notebook activity and select the notebook in the settings option which you have created. And pass the parameters under “base parameters”.

Note : Name should be same in base parameters and notebook in order to pass the parameter.

Screenshot3.png

Screenshot4.png

Step 3: In the output you can see the parameter which are passed in Step 2.

Screenshot5.png

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hello @mjcrs012,

your answer helps to pass params to a notebook in pipeline

Incase if pipeline has two notebooks
Where output or variable inside a notebook1 is required in notebook2

Then how can i pass those varibles in between the notebooks.

I haven't tried this, but sounds like maybe you could use the mssparkutils.notebook.exit() method mentioned in this blog post:

https://blog.fabric.microsoft.com/nb-no/blog/use-fabric-data-factory-data-pipelines-to-orchestrate-n...

To make the output from a notebook available to use as input for subsequent pipeline activities

Hi @mjcrs012 

Following up to see if the given suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Hi @mjcrs012 

Just following up to check whether the above comment helped you in solving your query. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

GraceGu
Employee
Employee

Can you use parameters in notebook activity? Refer to Notebook activity - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.