Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

iabarraganc
Helper I
Helper I

selectedvalue from field in table visual

Hi dear members

I have the following situation. The report shows a table display with values. I need that when an item is selected in the table, the selected value appears in a separate card.

For example, if I have the following data in the table

DateColorValue
20220115Red2500
20220131Blue3100
20220203Yellow750

If the user selects the second column, third row, in the card appears "the selected value is Yellow". And if the user selects the second column, first row, the card shows "the selected value is Red" (with DAX, of course).

I can't use a slicer, as the other data needs to be displayed and the highlighting functionality is not lost.

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @iabarraganc 

you can try

Selected Color =
SELECTEDVALUE ( Table, Table[Color] )

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
iabarraganc
Helper I
Helper I

Dear friends

Thank you very much for all the help. Let me tell you: if you use the DAX formula on a card, it displays well. But if the DAX formula is used in the title of a visualization, it is frozen and does not show the calculated value.

The solution: remove the title from the chart and place a card over the visualization, with the formula that @tamerj1 mentioned.

To both of you, thanks for the help

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @iabarraganc 

you can try

Selected Color =
SELECTEDVALUE ( Table, Table[Color] )

Hi @tamerj1 

That does not work, since the value is selected from a table display, not from a selector. And in my case it does not show the value. Any other suggestions?

@iabarraganc 

To be honest, I never tried that but as far as I know visuals filter each other why the CARD would be an exception. That's interesting. 
I'm not on my PC right now so let's what other community members have to say about it. 
As a test you may try

CONCATENATEX ( Table, Table[Color], ", " )

I also tried it. And it didn't work
☹️

@iabarraganc , I checked both options provided by @tamerj1  Should work. Unless I am missing an output which you need 

Example

amitchandak_0-1651890247990.png

amitchandak_1-1651890275381.png

Or

Measure 2 = CONCATENATEX(Values('Table'[Color]), " Color " & 'Table'[Color] & calculate(SUm('Table'[Value])) & UNICHAR(10))

amitchandak_4-1651890623379.png

amitchandak_3-1651890434475.png

@iabarraganc 

Alright let's wait together for an answer 😅

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.