Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jitterbug777
Advocate II
Advocate II

marketing campaign for Term Deposits, count term deposits achieved from campaign and create visuals

I`m new to power query, this mock sample data is based on a marketing campaign to find out the results of how many samples opened a term deposit after the campaign, and to create visuals to view what categories of data show the biggest uptake by ranking via matrix and bar charts, pie charts.

mock sample data 

Attribute Information:

# bank client data:

1 - age (numeric)

2 - job : type of job (categorical: "admin.","unknown","unemployed","management","housemaid","entrepreneur","student", "blue-collar","self-employed","retired","technician","services")

3 - marital : marital status (categorical: "married","divorced","single"; note: "divorced" means divorced or widowed)

4 - education (categorical: "unknown","secondary","primary","tertiary")

5 - default: has credit in default? (binary: "yes","no")

6 - balance: average yearly balance, in euros (numeric)

7 - housing: has housing loan? (binary: "yes","no")

8 - loan: has personal loan? (binary: "yes","no")

# related with the last contact of the current campaign:

9 - contact: contact communication type (categorical: "unknown","telephone","cellular")

10 - day: last contact day of the month (numeric)

11 - month: last contact month of year (categorical: "jan", "feb", "mar", ..., "nov", "dec")

12 - duration: last contact duration, in seconds (numeric)

# other attributes:

13 - campaign: number of contacts performed during this campaign and for this client (numeric, includes last contact)

14 - pdays: number of days that passed by after the client was last contacted from a previous campaign (numeric, -1 means client was not previously contacted)

15 - previous: number of contacts performed before this campaign and for this client (numeric)

16 - poutcome: outcome of the previous marketing campaign (categorical: "unknown","other","failure","success")

17 - y - has the client subscribed a term deposit? (binary: "yes","no")

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was trying to create an IF statement to convert the hasTermDeposit results to a 0 or 1 so I could use them as values in a matrix in visuals.

I also attempted to add a column and convert yes to 1 and no to 0 in Power Query so I could count that column in visuals.

IFsyntaxwrong.png

Thank you, any feedback is  helpful.

HASTD2.png

in power query created hasTD to convert no to 0 and yes to 1.

hasTD.png

also not sure why my talbe name is not being recognized in the DAX formula or the column names.

1 REPLY 1
philouduv
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @jitterbug777 ,

2 points :

• On the image of your data we can see that you try to create a measure and not a calculated column (which I think is the reason why your tablis is not recogniye)
  • Your IF function is not properly written (IF function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn)
    I would write the calculated column like this :
    existingTD = IF(Sampledata[hastermDeposit] == 1, "yes","no")
    This way it will also take care of rows that have no data and will automatically put no

Have a good day

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors