Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

abdalla
Helper I
Helper I

latitude and longitude points

Hello,

In my data sheet i have X and Y coordinates set as dont summarize and identified as lat and long with the globe icon beside them but when i try to use the map option for the plotting the points it always turns to count on the map visual and there is no option to turn off the count and in return the map doesnt actually show anything any solution to this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abdalla,

You need set your Latitude and Longitude fields as Decimal Number format. If their data types are Text, Power BI will do count aggregations for them when you add them to visual buckets that are not axis or legend.

Tips and Tricks for maps (including Bing Maps integration) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vcazhengmsft_0-1658369469574.png

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abdalla,

You need set your Latitude and Longitude fields as Decimal Number format. If their data types are Text, Power BI will do count aggregations for them when you add them to visual buckets that are not axis or legend.

Tips and Tricks for maps (including Bing Maps integration) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vcazhengmsft_0-1658369469574.png

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

much appreciated sir 

i missed on that info 

technolog
Super User
Super User

yes in the list i set the coordinates to dont summarize and when i click on it from the right pane to check it the command bar at the top says dont summarize and catergorized as latitude and longitude.

I tried deleting my old map and redoing it again but still gives me the same result displaying the points as count

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.