Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

snaraya
Helper II
Helper II

help to rectify the formula

i am calculating a formula where 
CurrentAmount / (CurrentAmount + NextAmount) * 1000000 

example: 0.1/(0.1+59.9)*1000000 =1666.66

the below fomula works fine if i just download the data in upload as static table in power bi but while using 

the test column formula is : 
test =
VAR CurrentID = Table1[ID]
VAR CurrentAmount = Table1[Planned]
VAR NextAmount =
CALCULATE(
MAX(Table1[Planned]),
FILTER(
Table1,
Table1[ID] = CurrentID &&
Table1[Index] = EARLIER(Table1[Index]) + 1
)
)
RETURN
IF(
ISBLANK(NextAmount),
BLANK(),
CurrentAmount / (CurrentAmount + NextAmount) * 1000000
)

000164 i should get 11500 but i am getting 11430. Left table is direct sharepoint connection  to the source and right is download and uploading the static table directly. So formula is right as its giving correct answer in right table. but the left is actual table which is giving wrong data

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
snaraya
Helper II
Helper II

Issue got resolved, formula i used is correct . Only issue was because the planned column was not rounded off at query editor level causing output to be wrong . Thankyou 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
snaraya
Helper II
Helper II

Issue got resolved, formula i used is correct . Only issue was because the planned column was not rounded off at query editor level causing output to be wrong . Thankyou 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.