Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Chrisjr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Top/Bottom filter not working properly

Hello All, 

I have the following visual :

Chrisjr_0-1701094602103.pngChrisjr_3-1701094826411.png

When I selecet the top 3, the Ranking var mesrure in the last column gives me the result of the top 3. same for the bottom 3.

The problem is when I select a district in the filter "N distric"(each Dealer/Group Name belong to a District number)  , it gives me the top 3 but no values for  the bottom 3 . See below:

Chrisjr_1-1701094749046.pngChrisjr_2-1701094772336.png

My data model :

Chrisjr_4-1701095390681.png

The dax for the Ranking var is : 

Ranking var =
VAR _TopDealer = RANKX(ALL(Dim_dealers[Dealer/Group Name]), [Measure], , DESC)
VAR _BottomDealer = RANKX(ALL(Dim_dealers[Dealer/Group Name]), [Measure], , ASC)
VAR _ranking = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(TopBottom[Value] )= "Top", _TopDealer, _BottomDealer)
RETURN
IF(_ranking <= 'Ranking Option'[Ranking Option Value], [Measure])

The Ranking Option filter at the top is a paramter : 

Ranking Option Value = SELECTEDVALUE('Ranking Option'[Ranking Option])

The Value filter is a table which I buid as : 

TopBottom = {"Top", "Bottom"}

So, what could be wrong in my dax for not retuning values for bottom selection?
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Chrisjr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @lbendlin , 

Thanks for your answer. 

Please see the link below of the app and the dummy dataset :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15gTkdnqpMhB_Ih3E1d4ECIHVDm5OSjL6?usp=drive_link

So, on the visual, when I select a top or bottom, it works well. 

However, the issue comes when I filter a LMA. for example below, hen I filter the LMA 10, then it does give me the top 3 but not the bottom 3. THe bottom selection is empty.

Chrisjr_0-1701435421820.pngChrisjr_1-1701435440222.png

I cannot figure out it will not show me the bottom when I select a filter that has a higher hierarchy than deler. 

( A LMA owns several Dealers).

Thanks

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
If you are unsure how to do that please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

If you want to get answers faster please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.