Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ells
Helper II
Helper II

Sum at the correct level

ok,
So this is more of a quaestion about how to move up a level in a dimension and maintain the sum of the components rather than doing the calculation at the highest level.

so I have a

table 'expired' that shows expired stock at product level (one row per product
table 'stock' that shows available stock at product level (multiple rows per product)
Measure [expired] = SUM('expired'[Qty]

to get the amount of available product I go

VAR NumberofRows =SUMX('stock',1)
VAR AvailableStock = SUMX('stock','stock'[Quantity] - DIVIDE( [expired], NumberOfRows)

I have multiple scenarios like this where the calculation must be done at the base level and summed up. How do I do this?

Thanks

E

2 REPLIES 2
halfglassdarkly
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If I understand you correctly the issue is the need to filter your sumx at product level?

e.g.

Var PID = SelectedValue('stock'[Product ID])

Var AvailableStock = SUMX(FILTER('stock','stock'[Product ID]=PID),'stock'[Quantity])

Var ExpiredStock = SUMX(FILTER('expired','expired'[Produt ID]=PID),'expired'[Quantity])

RETURN

//I'm not entirely sure what your example is aiming to do using Divide? If you were simply subtracting expired stock from the stock total it would look like this

Availablestock - ExpiredStock

See also the example in the Microsoft documentation for SUMX: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/sumx-function-dax

Thanks,
Will look at that. SumX has not quite worked out as I hoped for. It is close but not spot on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.