Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndyJ001
Frequent Visitor

Return multiple values from lookup

Does anyone know if there is a way to lookup a value in a table and return multiple values split by comma in another column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
baghdadi62
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

if there is no relationship between two tables you should do it on this way:

tbl imagetbl image

then:

2.JPG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
baghdadi62
Resolver III
Resolver III

You're welcome. It seems that a conditional statement is not defined in your Filter() function and only the field name has been mentioned.

With conditionWith condition

Without conditionWithout condition

Thank you again for your help, this is now what i have 
Column = CONCATENATEX(FILTER(Issues,Issues[IssueLinks.LINKED_ISSUE_KEY]=Issues[IssueLinks.LINKED_ISSUE_KEY] ,Issues[Organizations_14102.Organizations],",")

what i am trying to do is bring back multiple Organizations against the linked issue key so like using lookupvalue to bring back multiple values split by a comma in one column.

Second parameter of Filter() function is not correct, I see both side of the equal sign are the same.

Issues[IssueLinks.LINKED_ISSUE_KEY]=Issues[IssueLinks.LINKED_ISSUE_KEY]

@baghdadi62  i now haver this 

Column = CONCATENATEX(FILTER(Issues,Issues[ISSUE_ID] = Issues[IssueLinks.LINKED_ISSUE_ID]),Issues[Organizations_14102.Organizations])
this now is bringing back only blanks, what im trying to achieve is against each linked issue id there will be multiple Organizations_14102.Organizations so i need a similar function to lookupvalue but to bring back multiple values in one column split by a comma so using something a bit like this 
LOOKUPVALUE(Issues[Organizations_14102.Organizations],Issues[ISSUE_KEY],Issues[IssueLinks.LINKED_ISSUE_KEY]) but to bring back multiple results.

It seems that both side of the equal sign are columns of one table that not correct.

baghdadi62
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

if there is no relationship between two tables you should do it on this way:

tbl imagetbl image

then:

2.JPG

Hi @baghdadi62 thank you for your reply, this is what i have 

Column = CONCATENATEX(FILTER(Issues,Issues[IssueLinks.LINKED_ISSUE_KEY]),Issues[Organizations_14102.Organizations],",")
Its now telling me i cant convert the value to true or false, any ideas? both columns are in the same data set but it should be returning many Organizations against a linked key but it doesnt seem to be working, any ideas?
thank you again for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors