Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Rai_BI
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic summation

Hello friends,
Can anyone help me solve this problem?

In Power BI, I have a table with two columns. The 'Salesperson 1' column and the 'Salesperson 2' column.

I want to create three table visuals where visual 1 will have the Salesperson 1 column in context. In visual 2 you will have the Seller 2 column in context and in visual 3 you will have the Seller 1 and Seller 2 column in context.

I need to create a single unique measure for the three visual elements in which if the context contains the Salesperson 1 column then return the measure [Goal 1], otherwise, if the context contains the Salesperson 2 column then return the measure [Goal 2], otherwise, if the context contains the Salesperson 1 column and also the Salesperson 2 column, then return the sum of the measures [Goal 1]+[Goal 2].

I did the following DAX measurement below, I am not getting the desired result as the total grid value is returning BLANK. I don't understand because I'm using the SUMX function to force the value to appear.

Measure Test = 

VAR _Seller1inScope = HASONEFILTER('customer table'[Name Seller1])
VAR _Seller2inScope = HASONEFILTER('customer table'[Name Seller2])
VAR _Swith = 
    SWITCH(
        TRUE(),
        _Seller1inScope && NOT _Seller2inScope,
        SUMX(
            VALUES('customer table'[Name Seller1]),[Goal Seller 1]),

_Seller2inScope && NOT _Seller1inScope,
        SUMX(
            VALUES('customer table'[Name Seller2]),[Goal Seller 2]),

_Seller1inScope && _Seller2inScope,
        [Seller 1 + Seller 2]

)

RETURN
_Swith

Sem título.png

 Please download the PBIX file here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rai_BI ,

We can create a measure.

Measure 4 = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Slicer'[Seller]) = "Name Seller1", SUMX ( VALUES ( 'customer table'[Name Seller1] ), [Measure Test] ),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Slicer'[Seller]) = "Name Seller2",SUMX ( VALUES ( 'customer table'[Name Seller2] ), [Measure Test] ),
    SUMX(SUMMARIZE('customer table','customer table'[Name Seller1],'customer table'[Name Seller2],"measure",[Measure Test]),[measure])
)

We can create a slicer table.

Slicer = DATATABLE ( 
    "Seller", STRING, 
    {
        { "Name Seller1" },
        { "Name Seller2" }

}
) 

Edit interactions for each slicer in the format pane and hide the slicers.

vtangjiemsft_0-1707363079181.pngvtangjiemsft_1-1707363097964.png

If you don't want to use a slicer, you can refer to this post to create a field parameter.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rai_BI ,

We can create a measure.

Measure 4 = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Slicer'[Seller]) = "Name Seller1", SUMX ( VALUES ( 'customer table'[Name Seller1] ), [Measure Test] ),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Slicer'[Seller]) = "Name Seller2",SUMX ( VALUES ( 'customer table'[Name Seller2] ), [Measure Test] ),
    SUMX(SUMMARIZE('customer table','customer table'[Name Seller1],'customer table'[Name Seller2],"measure",[Measure Test]),[measure])
)

We can create a slicer table.

Slicer = DATATABLE ( 
    "Seller", STRING, 
    {
        { "Name Seller1" },
        { "Name Seller2" }

}
) 

Edit interactions for each slicer in the format pane and hide the slicers.

vtangjiemsft_0-1707363079181.pngvtangjiemsft_1-1707363097964.png

If you don't want to use a slicer, you can refer to this post to create a field parameter.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Kudoed Authors