Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

meowster
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Average Line for Column chart based on filter

Hello,

I have a simple calculated table and I would like to have column chart by months, together with an average line across.

The calculated table looks like this:

meowster_0-1691924271863.png

The column chart looks like this. At the top right hand corner, there is a year_month_order slicer for users to choose how many months of data they would like to see in the chart.

meowster_1-1691925156256.png

I would like to have an average line across, which is dynamic based on the slicer.
So for example,

- if year_month_no 1 to 19 are selected, the average line will show the total of 19 months divided by 19, which is standard across all months.

- if year_month_no 1 to 7 are selected, the average line will show the total of 7 months divided by 7, standard across all months in the chart.

The chart would look something like this:

meowster_3-1691925445501.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@meowster 

Try using the Average line from the Analytics pane.

nandukrishnavs_0-1691941516841.png

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@meowster 

Try using the Average line from the Analytics pane.

nandukrishnavs_0-1691941516841.png

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Hi @nandukrishnavs ,

Thank you! This works after I've changed my chart to clustered column chart. Realised that the "average line" is not applicable on stacked column charts.

Hi @nandukrishnavs , there is no "Average Line" in my Analytics pane, I can only see "Error Bars". What do I need to do to see it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.