Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BobWong1
Helper I
Helper I

DAX Studio

Hi there,

I didn't run DAX Studio version 3.0.5 for quite sometime, which previously was running just fine.

Recently, after I launched DAX Studio from the ‘External Tools", I get this error message;

The 2 red text says:

"The following error occurred while updating the connection: An item with the same key has already been added.

An item with the same key has already been added."

Does anyone of there know what is causing this problem?

I posted this problem there is that, I am not quite sure whether latest Power BI Desktop issue (2023 December update) or DAX Studio itself having problem?

I got another PC installed with Power BI Desptop and DAX Studio also had the similair problem, even with other Power BI Desktop files.

TIA guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Storry
Frequent Visitor

Installing DAX Studio Version 3.0.11 hepled

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Storry
Frequent Visitor

Installing DAX Studio Version 3.0.11 hepled

Hi Storry,

YES, it does solved the problem. Many Thanks!

Storry
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

I have the same problem with the latest versions of DAX Studio (3.0.10) and Power BI Desktop (2.124.1554.0 December 2023). And I haven't run DAX Studio for a couple of months. Previously everything was fine. So, I also hope that it's something with the version and it will be fixed soon.

joexploit1

Could you try to install the latest Dax studio version - Version 3.0.8? 

Thanks for asking.

I did installed the latest DAX Studio on another PC, but it doesn't solve the problem. I highly suspect that the problem lies in Power BI Desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.