Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Bhargav150
Frequent Visitor

Create relationship between multiple datasets

I have 4 datasets in power bi Skills,Panel, Daily slot utilisation, summary of daily slot utilisation, and I'm trying to create a relationship between skills to Daily slot utilisation and summary of daily slot and panel to Daily slot utilisation and summary of daily slot in cross filter direction as both but for the skills to daily slot utilisation is becoming inactive why? When I'm try to activate this error coming

You can't create a direct active relationship between daily slot utilisation and skills because that would introduce ambiguity between tables skills and Panel. To make this relationship active, deactivate or delete one of the relationships between skills and panel first

1 REPLY 1
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Here is a simplified example what causes these kinds of errors:

ValtteriN_0-1710235955292.png

Consider this picture. Here if I try to activate the relationship between calendar and invoices the same error arises. This is because if the relationship would be active there would be two paths from where the calendar filters transactions. Either directly or via Invoices. In your case the bi-directional relationship would cause similar behavior. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.