Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BobbyDollar
Frequent Visitor

Calculate + ALLEXCEPT + additonal Filter

Hi

I use the following statment successfully As VAR within a calculated column:

=CALCULATE(SUM('Forecast'[Quantity]),ALLEXCEPT('Forecast','Forecast'[Opportunity Number],'Forecast'[Material]))

Present the total quantity by Opportunity Number and Material.

Now I want to include an additional Filter. There is another column "Date" within the table and I only want the total Quantity by Opportunity Number and Material if Forecast[Date] is later than today.

I tried with below, but it returns for all lines the same value ... guess the ALLEXCEPT makes the filter irrelevant

=CALCULATE(SUM('Forecast'[Quantity]),ALLEXCEPT('Forecast','Forecast'[Opportunity Number],'Forecast'[Material]),Filter('Forecast','Forecast'[Date]>TODAY()))

Any idea how to write the formula?

Thank you

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

I'm not sure but I think KEEPFILTERS might work

=CALCULATE(SUM('Forecast'[Quantity]),ALLEXCEPT('Forecast','Forecast'[Opportunity Number],'Forecast'[Material]),KEEPFILTERS( Filter('Forecast','Forecast'[Date]>TODAY())) )

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
johnt75
Super User
Super User

I'm not sure but I think KEEPFILTERS might work

=CALCULATE(SUM('Forecast'[Quantity]),ALLEXCEPT('Forecast','Forecast'[Opportunity Number],'Forecast'[Material]),KEEPFILTERS( Filter('Forecast','Forecast'[Date]>TODAY())) )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.