Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

spandy34
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

25% Variance between columns

I have a table that records visits and records the planned hours per visit and the actual hours carried out.

I want a measure that calculates the number of records where the actual hours is 25% more than planned and another measure that calculates the number of records that were 25% less . Can anyone help me with these two measures please 

@littlemojopuppy @parry2k @HarishKM @amitchandak @tamerj1

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @spandy34 

please try

Measur1 =
COUNTROWS (
FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Actual Hours] >= 'Table'[Planned Hours] * 1.25 )
)

Measur1 =
COUNTROWS (
FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Actual Hours] <= 'Table'[Planned Hours] * 0.75 )
)

View solution in original post

spandy34
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thats fabulous its worked - I really appreciate your help as always.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

@spandy34 everyone who offers solutions to the forum does so of their own time and effort.  Some people try to teach better ways of doing things, others are just after accumulating points to maintain their status.  But one thing most of us appreciate is the person asking the question to try to solve it by them self first.  I made a suggestion in your previous post and you just asked the question for someone else to answer, and also had the audacity to tag me in the post as if I would be there to jump and solve this fairly basic question for you, along with  @parry2k @HarishKM @amitchandak @tamerj1.

Some might like the opportunity to just accumulate points, but most of us aren't interested in being used because you're too lazy to try.  In the future, please refer to @Greg_Deckler post on how to get your posts answered.  And remember that most of us like to see someone attempt to solve their problems instead of "do this for me".

Just a thought 🤣

I am very sorry for offending you.  It wasnt my intention.  I posted the question in Desktop and you answered it in which I thanked you greatfully.  I then asked another question and needed to get an answer due to a tight deadline and realised I had posted the question on Deskop as opposed to DAX query so I asked the question there.     I have no idea about accumulating points and how they work as I am about learning from experts like yourself.   These questions may be basic to you but as someone just learning I find them challenging.  I tag people in who have helped me previously as I am just learning the aspects of PBI.  I apoligise if the is not the correct way and would not like to cause offense, as I obviously have to you. 

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @spandy34 

please try

Measur1 =
COUNTROWS (
FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Actual Hours] >= 'Table'[Planned Hours] * 1.25 )
)

Measur1 =
COUNTROWS (
FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Actual Hours] <= 'Table'[Planned Hours] * 0.75 )
)

spandy34
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thats fabulous its worked - I really appreciate your help as always.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors