Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gantt Chart needs Milestones

The Gantt chart needs to be enhanced in order to be able to display miletones as well. Currently, milestone name appears on the axis but not on the timeline due to the duration being = 0. Easy solution would be to display 0 duration tasks with a diamond or something along those lines.

Comments
v-viig
Community Champion

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll consider this idea.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Giavo
Helper III

Nice idea, in project management dashboards this feature is essential. Milestones !!!!!

chass
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: New

chass
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: New

MagicMads
Helper I

In Addition - the Gantt-chart must be able to handle fractions of a day - otherwise the HH, MM and SS does not make any sense - by the way - can you provide a time-line for future releases - as we are depending on showing fractions of a day

v-viig
Community Champion

Hello @MagicMads

We'll consider this idea as well but we can't provide any ETA at lest for know.

We'll update this topic once once this feature is ready.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Mardin
Advocate IV

Hello Ignat Vilesov,

In addition to the request for adding Milestones I would like to raise attention to my idea for an Avanced Gantt Chart in the regular Power BI Ideas group (I realise now that I should have maybe put this idea in this Forum instead).

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19611973-advanced-gantt-chart

The new Gantt Chart Visual for Power BI by MAQ Software is definitely way better than the old and crude Gantt chart that was previously the only item available in Power BI visual store. The MAQ Gantt Chart fixes some of the requests from my Advanced Gantt Chart idea suggestion but there is still some very basic functionality missing in order to use the visual for any serious Project Management reporting with multiple projects and multiple activities.

We urgently need this in my company to fully embrace Power BI as our reporting tool and the Management has made it a habbit of asking on a monthly basis about any news on this subject.

- Add Milestones on top of the Activity Bars based on a data column (and preferably multiple types of Milestone icons) (E.g. a Triangle or Star icon when a long activity should reach a crucial deadline).

- Ability to expand/collapse a group of Activities (preferably grouped by project or category)

- Let report viewers decide the scale of the timeline instead of the developer (e.g. let them grab the timeline to zoom in or out or provide a drop down menu for the user).

- Ability to chose size of the bars.

- Ability to change colors of the activity bars and milestones (grouping activities with same color is crucial)

- Sort by Earliest activity instead of alphabetically sorting.

v-viig
Community Champion

Hello @Mardin,

We'll consider all of ideas in upcoming releases of Gantt.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Mardin
Advocate IV

Much appreciated. Thanks!

v-viig
Community Champion
Status changed to: Accepted