Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Allow Power BI Dataset Direct Query (composite Model) on power bi service to be able to refresh

currently this works fine when refreshing over power bi desktop but its a limitation on the power bi service that give a SSO authentication error and doesnt allow to refresh (this its actually a noted limitation on power bi dataset direct query. 

Comments
doost
Advocate I

Hi Stefano,

The same problem is reported under: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Premium-ASWL-Error-Single-sign-on-SSO-credential-is-not-prov...

By the way, I have the issue because I create calculated columns based on tables from the PowerBI direct query data set. Works fine in desktop indeed, but can not refresh online.

Really looking forward to a solution.

bpn1973
Resolver II

Same here.

The error I get for my model

"Note that performing a refresh over a dataset with a calculated table or a calculated column which references a Direct Query data source is not supported within the Power BI service."

faroukwahsh
Advocate II

Any updates on an ETA for a fix to this problem? 

ravjay
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error,

"Microsoft.PowerBI.AS.ConnectionDetailsProvider, Single sign-on (SSO) credential is not provided which is required to execute the current request. Note that performing a refresh over a dataset with a calculated table or a calculated column which references a Direct Query data source is not supported within the Power BI service.."

isn't there any solution yet?

@StefanoGrimaldi 

Even when I'm trying to refresh the composite data model inpowerBI desktop I'm receiving below error,

xxzz.PNG

any advice, please? 

StephenClarke
Frequent Visitor

I too have the issue because I created calculated tables based on tables from the PowerBI direct query data set. Works fine in desktop indeed, but can not refresh online which dramatically limits the usefulnes to the business.

kymramosrpo
Advocate IV

Hey - I'm also very keen on receiving updates on this one. Just like most of the people who upvoted this, I, too, have calculated tables based on datasets. For them to not automatically refresh in the service defeats the whole intention of using datasets to create other reports. I hope that this functionality/ability is not difficult to set up and is not being considered as exclusive for Premium package.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really, really insane to see that MS released a new feature for Desktop and not to the Service...And that makes the Desktop feature basically useless.

How am I gonna be refreshing manually on a daily basis a report locally to get the latest data on the Service? In which way is that helping any business decent process?

tyw214
Helper I

I have the exact same issue.... this literaly makes the feature useless in desktop... like what the heck? that's insane.

Mark_007
Regular Visitor

Just spent a couple of days creating a dataset and modifing reports. Really really annoying. Please fix this. I find all too often with power BI such limitations.

Pleaseeeeee!!!

tyw214
Helper I

i've tried this with other compositie modeling since then, and it works.... it's so insane that this doesn't work with PBI datasets...